Software installation
March 24, 2019, 09:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just installed MultiSet but not sure how to use  (Read 9501 times)
lnjr

« on: October 24, 2010, 02:23:16 AM »

Hello,

I installed this software (version 7.8.1 --- home license) a few days ago and am trying to figure out just how to either create a bootable usb flash drive or a bootable automatic installation cd/dvd for my computer which is running windows vista home premium.  I get through step 1 but then I am confused when I get to step #2  (sorry but I am only lightly computer literate when it comes to where to find anything I did not install).  Anyway, it is asking for the windows distribution folder and I am not sure where this is and if I am suppose to make a copy of it and put it elsewhere or what - especially since it also states that the operating system might be installed on an already existing partition with the working operating system. 

I have a gateway laptop that came with windows vista home premium installed on it and in my computer there is Partition (1) C drive and a Recovery (d) drive.

Any assistance would be so very much appreciated.
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 12:02:56 PM »

On the step 2 you must select the folder with Windows installation kit. Copy you original CD/DVD on the hard drive and select this folder.
lnjr

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »

My version of Windows Vista Home Premium came pre-installed on the laptop.  I do not have an installation disc.  I did receive a few discs with the laptop; one being  Gateway System Disc and 2 Recovery DVD's .  I do have a Gateway Recovery Center listed in the Programs section and I did create Application and Driver Recovery Discs when I first got the laptop (as instructed to do).  I did find a software distribution folder in c:\windows.  Are one of the discs I received when I purchased the laptop the correct disc that you are talking about?  I'm sorry if I seem dense but I am not very computer literate yet and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »

My version of Windows Vista Home Premium came pre-installed on the laptop.  I do not have an installation disc.  I did receive a few discs with the laptop; one being  Gateway System Disc and 2 Recovery DVD's .  I do have a Gateway Recovery Center listed in the Programs section and I did create Application and Driver Recovery Discs when I first got the laptop (as instructed to do).  I did find a software distribution folder in c:\windows.  Are one of the discs I received when I purchased the laptop the correct disc that you are talking about?  I'm sorry if I seem dense but I am not very computer literate yet and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!

No. You may not use these disks with MultiSet.
lnjr

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »

Okay so you are saying that none of the discs that I received with the laptop (the system disc or the 2 recovery discs) cannot be used with MultiSet. Is that correct?  Where would I find the Windows Installation Kit if the system disc is the incorrect disc?

Again, any assistance would be so very much appreciated.

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »

MultiSet works with standard distribution of Windows. You may download it from official site of Microsoft.
Douppypah

[url=http://email-verify.my-addr.com/online-bulk-yahoo-email-address-verify-tool.php]yahoo verify email[/url]

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »

Hi,

If I set up an OBEX server to receive files on my Windows box, how can I be sure that Windows' default OBEX Server will not kick in? Is it necessary to disable it? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: