Software installation
March 26, 2019, 11:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't get MultiSet Command line to work  (Read 11592 times)
click-click

« on: November 03, 2010, 10:49:29 PM »

Every time I try to start an  automatic installation from the command line, only the GUI starts and
nothing happens. I tried the following commands (also with quotes):

<path>\multiset.exe c:\Toolbx\MultiSet\Categories\Utilities\NetDISK.mst
<path>\multiset.exe c:\Toolbx\MultiSet\Categories\Utilities\NetDISK.mst -silent
<path>\multiset.exe NetDISK.mst
<path>\multiset.exe NetDISK.mst -silent

The applications will only install if I launch them with the GUI. What am I missing?

I'm using 7.8.1 right now
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »

I verified this situation and do not have a mistakes. Maybe errors in the paths? Try write this lines into cmd-file or bat-file. What error will appears in the console window?
click-click

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

I could only get this to work by creating a shortcut of the command line and launching the shortcut . for example:

C:\Toolbx\MultiSet\multiset.exe C:\Toolbx\MultiSet\Categories\Utilities\Ethernet.mst -silent  ---> Ethernet.lnk

I will look into this further to see if I can make any sense of this.
click-click

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »

If you run the command line from the MultiSet Directory, it will work. If you run the command line outside of the
directory it will not work. The shortcut works because Start in: is set to the Multiset directory.

Please try running the command line from outside the MultiSet directory and tell me if it works and on what OS
you tried this on. I tried it on XP and VISTA with the same results.

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »

I located the package 'BetaTest.exe' in another folder (d:\download) and start Multiset:

c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe d:\download\BetaTest.mst

Installation was successfully.
click-click

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:10 AM »

When you start c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe from the command prompt, what directory are you in?
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

I start from a such folder, the main thing is full path: c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe

I pushed 'Start' button select 'Run...' item and type c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe
click-click

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »

Alex,

if you start the multiset command from the Run prompt, it will work. What I am talking about is starting the multiset command from a Command
prompt window. Start a command prompt window (the one with the black background  Grin), cd c:\  and enter the same command you used for the run prompt and tell me what happens.
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »

I opened console window, type cd c:\ and typed "c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe" with quotes. MultiSet was started.
click-click

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

No you misunderstood. Do the same thing, but start a silent install from that command window. I don't have a problem just starting mutliset.exe. Try the command that you mentioned before:

c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe d:\download\BetaTest.mst -silent
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »

I opened console window, type cd c:\ and typed

"c:\program files\almeza\multiset\multiset.exe" d:\download\BetaTest.mst -silent

The package was started.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: