Software installation
November 20, 2018, 03:38:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DVD does not generate fully automatic bootable USB  (Read 15844 times)
MatsB

« on: October 17, 2010, 11:48:12 PM »

Hi,

I have tried to create a USB Flash stick using my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate DVD and the MultiSet answer file. This does not work properly though as the DVD contains images for all Windows 7 versions and thus the user needs to select the correct OS version as the computer is booted from the stick.
Most of the install is still automatic though.

Would very much like to see a more "feature rich" config dialogue for Windows options to generate a more complete autoanswer file from inside MultiSet. The user created option is of course a very good workaround but since the program is so neat I would feel more happy about doing all the configuration tasks from within MultiSet. Smiley

Cheers!
/Mats
MatsB

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »

Have now also verified that the Windows activation key is not inserted automatically in Windows 7 x64 Ultimate despite the serial being specified for the MultiSet autoanswer file.

Since the USB Flash drive auto boots every time if set to this in BIOS, I would suggest adding the same bootloader as Windows uses where the user has to press a key for the boot process to start from the USB device. If no key is pressed, booting goes on to the next device which is in fact the best option as the USB key is only needed the very first time after which it is best to remove it or else the installation will just start over and over and over...

Of course most computers can be manually (by e.g. pressing F9) set to boot from any media and thus there is a workaround, but this option is not always available so a bootloader with a timeout for boot from the USB Flash drive would make things a lot easier when doing a completely unattanded install. Right now the user must remember to remove the USB device after the first boot.

Best regards,
 Mats

MatsB

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:20:53 AM »

A further problem seems to be that the MultiSet player and configuration is not copied into the OEM directory (of Windows) for automatic installation after Windows. Alternatively there could have been a startup folder shortcut executing the MultiSet player but there seems to be none, at least on the Win 7 Ultimate stick I created. I now have to manually run MultiSet Player and start the installation of the post-windows software. This I assume should not be the case as the installation is supposed to be unattended.

Best regards,
  Mats
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »

Thank you, Mats! We will fix these bugs.
MatsB

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:38:26 PM »

Great! Thanks! Smiley
/Mats
boomdeexect

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »

Ok...so i do not have "all users" on my computer. I have default and then my username.
I created a few more user accounts and made one admin....still not an "all users" option.
Ive been looking on the internet on how to correct this and show the all users option to no avail.
Anyone else have this problem?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: