Software installation
October 23, 2019, 09:44:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using MultiSet Pro  (Read 15405 times)
skilz853

« on: April 25, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »

This looks like a wonderful program. Grin When I first read about it I misunderstood. I thought you could point the program to the installed programs, including the os, and create a master cd/dvd or flash drive.
After looking around, I found out to include the os, the Windows 7 install disc needs to be copied to the hdd. What I'm wondering about, do I actually have to install the os while making the master cd/dvd, or simply pointing MultiSet to the path the os files are in is enough.
Also, do the other programs that I want included, have to be actually installed, or is there a way to point MultiSet to the path that they're installed in?
I'm really feeling kind of stupid, Huh cause I'm usually able to figure things like this out, and  if I'd had any sleep Cool in the past 24 hours, I might be able to do better than I am.
I read some of the posts before posting this one, and even reading some of the answers, I still didn't get a clear understanding. If you can, please try to be through with your answers, so I can grasp the gist of this program.
Thanks much,
skilz853

....mount up with wings as Eagles...
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »

The program works like a recording system. A user is to install the application
only once with MultiSet being run in the recording mode. MultiSet will record all
your actions and will generate the automatic installation package after the recording
process is completed.

> Also, do the other programs that I want included, have to be actually installed, or is there a way to point MultiSet to the path that they're > installed in?

You must record installation of each program.

Then you create a package you must verify it(uninstall and run
automatic installation). Do these steps for all applications.
Then you must set order of installation. Use arrows on toolbar.
After that you may create DVD.

Usually users send us name and version of problem applications.
We download, test them and send report to users.
skilz853

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »

Alex, thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm getting this, but one more question comes to mind. With the Windows 7 OS, is the fact that it's in a folder on my hdd, and pointing Multiset to the path all that's necessary to include the OS, or does it also need to be installed as Multiset is running in record mode?
From what I'm gathering, I'd probably be best to do this with a fresh install of Windows 7 and all the updates, other programs, etc, to build a clean package for making the final master dvd/cd. Do you agree?
Later,
skilz853

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »

>Alex, thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm getting this, but one more question comes to mind. With the Windows 7 OS, is the fact that it's >in a folder on my hdd, and pointing Multiset to the path all that's necessary to include the OS, or does it also need to be installed as >Multiset is running in record mode?

Do not use your Windows folder on drive C ( for example, C:\Windows).
Copy original DVD with Windows 7 on the hard drive in the folder, for example D:\DISTR_WIN and select this folder in MultiSet wizard.

>From what I'm gathering, I'd probably be best to do this with a fresh install of Windows 7 and all the updates, other programs, etc, to build >a clean package for making the final master dvd/cd. Do you agree?

Yes. Also you may use virtual machine (VMWare or Virtual PC) for creating DVD.
skilz853

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

I think this is starting to come together. I have Virtual Box installed. Will that work as well? Also, I still don't have a clear understanding of what to do with the os. I do have my win7 install disc copied to c:\window 7,not the c:\windows where my current os is installed.
But I understand that one of the first steps is to point Multiset to the path of where I've copied my win7 disc. Is that all that's necessary, or does it also need to be installed as Multiset is running in record mode? Still haven't gotten that part.
I'm not gonna respond any more until I've had some sleep and can look over the help docs, so I can cut down on the stupid questions Smiley
I looked at all the images someone posted, including this one: http://www.a-huhn.de/eigene_dateien/eigene_bilder/multiset/win7home4.png It shows him pointing to what Multiset calls the Windows Installation Kit. Is that kit, simply the files copied to a folder of the window os?
My last 2 questions for now are, at what point do I put this in Virtual Box to start Multiset in record mode? Also does Multiset need to be installed in the vm?
Believe it or not, I did my best, before starting this post to understand the F1 help docs, but could find nowhere a step by step procedure. If there is one, (my 3rd question, sorry) could you point me to it.
Thanks Alex for all the timely help. You're tops in my book
skilz853

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »

>I looked at all the images someone posted, including this one: http://www.a-huhn.de/eigene_dateien/eigene_bilder/multiset/win7home4.png

Ok. Well.

>It shows him pointing to what Multiset calls the Windows Installation Kit. Is that kit, simply the files copied to a folder of the window os?
>My last 2 questions for now are, at what point do I put this in Virtual Box to start Multiset in record mode? Also does Multiset need to be >installed in the vm?

1. Run Virtual Box. Run OS in it.
2. Copy original DVD with Win7 in virtual OS.
3. Copy distributive of Almeza MultiSet in virtual OS. Install MultiSet in virtual OS.
4. Run MultiSet in virtual OS and start wizard by pressing F11.
skilz853

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:34:27 AM »

Hey again Alex,
I'm making progress.Grin I have completed the 4 steps in your last post, creating the kit for Windows and Software and had it create an iso file. I now stuck again. Was is supposed to include all my additional software in this kit? If I was, I didn't.  Embarrassed It appears that all I have atm, is a winsoft.iso file.
Let me know if I messed up please and directions of how I should have done it. If I'm correct in what I've done to this point, can you tell me how to continue the process?  Roll Eyes
After creating the kit, I went to open package and it wanted a .mst file, which I don't have. Any
Thanks,
skilz853

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:49 AM »

As I wrote:

You must record installation of each program. Please look at Express guide in help file. Or watch flashes:

http://www.almeza.com/content/view/141/129/

Then you create a package you must verify it(uninstall and run
automatic installation). Do these steps for all applications.
Then you must set order of installation. Use arrows on toolbar.
After that you may create DVD.
skilz853

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

Hey Alex,
Grin Grin I've about got it! Sorry for all the questions, but if nothing else this should make a very simplified tut for others to follow. I recorded my first app in Multiset. If I've got a grasp on this now, I record all my apps installations, and then uninstall them. Then test the automated install on each one.
And this is gonna blow me outta the water if I'm not right. After I've done this with all apps I want to include, then that's when I hit F11 and choose Windows and Software in the wizard. That is what will create the .iso that will include my os and all apps, that I'll be able to burn to disc. That is when I'll have my ULTIMATE automatic install disc.
Do I have it now?
Thanks so much,
skilz853  Grin

skilz853

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »

Alex,
I've run into one more question. I just auto installed my first app successfully. Before I ran it, it's name what in the top section on the right side of the Multiset screen. Now it's there, but now it's also listed in the bottom section on the right side and there's a message under the information column that says "waiting for user action"
What action do I need to take? If I right click on it, I get message to "clear log", but don't know if that's the action it's waiting on.
Again thanks, and you can look forward to almost being finished with me, but on second thought, I doubt it. lol
After I get a grasp on this, I will try to pay it forward by helping in the forum.
It's a great program,
skilz853

Alex
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »

>Now it's there, but now it's also listed in the bottom section on the right side and there's a message under the information column that says >"waiting for user action"

I think you may skip this message.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: