Software installation
September 30, 2020, 06:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I created a software installation disk under Windows XP  (Read 6180 times)
Smash
Registered users

« on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »

I created a software installation disk under Windows XP. Will this disk work under other operating systems?
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »

If you create packages on one operating system, it will be possible to install these packages only on that very operating system. All in all, the following parameters must match:

1. Operating system
2. Theme
3. The monitor must support the specified screen resolution
scottandrsn

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »

If you create packages on one operating system, it will be possible to install these packages only on that very operating system. All in all, the following parameters must match:

1. Operating system
2. Theme
3. The monitor must support the specified screen resolution

So you are saying that I have to have Multiset installed on separate computers for each operating system I want to install applications on? That doesn't seem right, you should be able to just change the setting or not have one if you don't need it.  All the applications I have that I would like to automate install the same for each OS.

This is ridiculous! What does the "Theme" have anything to do with how Malwarebytes is installed?  I can see how maybe the screen resolution could throw off the mouse position and mess something up but maybe it would be better to set it up with keystrokes instead.

Aside from all of that, most installers just need to run with "silent" options of some sort instead of trying to capture mouse clicks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: