Software installation
March 24, 2019, 09:40:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Almeza MultiSet 8.2.0 has been released. Download now! Speed Install 2.0.2.1723 has been released. Download now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial needed  (Read 19492 times)
masster

« on: January 15, 2010, 05:55:50 AM »

Hi
From my understanding, you, the authors of Multiset, failed answering basic questions about HOW to CREATE a fully customized WinXP installation CD. Is it a problem of English knowledge on your side? I don't know. But what I do know is that you have to answer to some questions if you want to sell your software and deserve money, although it exists a FREE solution: nLite.

So here it goes:

- how to add drivers to original XP kit?
- how to add Microsoft updates?
- how to FULLY customize the installation? (meaning appearence, registry tweaks, etc)
- how to slipstream other Microsoft custom updates? (such as Windows Media Player 11 or Internet Explorer Cool

And this is only for starting. The rest of issues you can read about by looking at nLite forum http://www.msfn.org/board/nlite-f89.html
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »

The program works like a recording system. A user is to install the application
only once with MultiSet being run in the recording mode. MultiSet will record all
your actions and will generate the automatic installation package after the recording
process is completed.

You must integrate updates into Windows XP distributive before using
Almeza MultiSet.

Example:

1. Copy original CD or DVD with Windows XP on hard drive, into the folder
'D:\WINXP_DISTR'.

2. Download this update

KB905749 -??? Vulnerability in Plug and Play Could Allow Remote Code Execution and Local Elevation of Privilege
507 KB (August 10, 2005)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FFDB8AB7-F979-41B4-9625-EA51CD503258&displaylang=en

Save it into folder 'D:\Updates'

3. Run this command line:

D:\Updates\Windows2000-KB905749-x86-ENU.EXE /integrate:D:\WINXP_DISTR

4. Run MultiSet and create ISO. This iso-file will be have 'KB905749'
update.
masster

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »

You have replied as usual only with small bits of information.
Is it something wrong to answer to ALL my questions?
Or are you expecting people buy a product without a proper Help file???
You are making the same mistake programmers do on a daily basis: they create the software, know all its features by heart and forget instantly that no potential buyer looked over his shoulder all day long to see how things are done... In fact, programmers are the worst Help writers ever known.

And so are you.
I'll stick to nLite. They surely communicate better. For FREE.
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »

Sorry. Your suggestions will be include in the next releases. Now we work under automatic software installation. We make it better.
davidc02

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »

only once with MultiSet being run in the recording mode. MultiSet will record all
your actions and will generate the automatic installation package after the recording
process is completed.

Almeza MultiSet.

Example:

2. Download this update

KB905749 -??? Vulnerability in Plug and Play Could Allow Remote Code Execution and Local Elevation of Privilege
507 KB (August 10, 2005)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FFDB8AB7-F979-41B4-9625-EA51CD503258&displaylang=en

update.

What is this for?
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »

For including updates into Windows installation Kit.
scottandrsn

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 04:03:24 AM »

process is completed.

Almeza MultiSet.

Example:

2. Download this update

507 KB (August 10, 2005)

update.
so run the "/integrate" command from.. cmd.exe?.... or can I use the run command in windows?

also by saying "Windows Distributive" I take it you mean a regular full version copy of the OS, right? because I don't work in a deployment factory with distributive copy's of operating systems I am a repair tech that wants to make life easier by automating my OS installations so I can make better use of my time.

1 more thing, how do I create an answer file for the OS? In most cases, an OS isn't like a program that you can run multiple tasks at the same time, so how does it work? do I have to run it on a system with an already installed OS? do I have to make a special OS install disk with Multiset to run on another system just to make the answer file, and then copy it to the "distributive" and make another install disk?

Before I can persuade my boss into forking out any money to buy this software we are going to need to know how to us it.

Thanks
davidc02

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »

I agree, Alex you need to provide way more documentation, this really feels like a ripoff.

No one has been able to get it to work.

Please provide youtube videos, wiki guide, and details on what can and can't be done, stop replying with only one line of information, or shut down the proyect if you wan't keep it going, but do something to improve your service.
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »

I agree, Alex you need to provide way more documentation, this really feels like a ripoff.

Please provide youtube videos, wiki guide, and details on what can and can't be done, stop replying with only one line of information, or shut down the proyect if you wan't keep it going, but do something to improve your service.

Ok. Thank you! We try to make our service better.
davidc02

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »

Ok. Thank you! We try to make our service better.

When can we spect a guide? Or at least a list of features of what is it exactly almeza does?
Alex
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »

We made some video tutorials (http://www.almeza.com/content/view/141/129/) and will plan to make some new.
Andreas

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

Thank you for the videos! Good work Smiley Sadly I found these vids AFTER creating a perfectly working XP Pro Install CD (in the second try) ^^

Btw, it seems that Multiset cannot work with the Microsoft CD "Windows XP Professional Version 2002" (Pre-SP1), that results in a strange Error Message. After I took a MS CD with integrated SP2 it worked nearly perfect!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: